Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 July 2009

For Each Robot, There Is Only One Other Whose Heart Is The Right Shape For Theirs

Yes yes, this one is indeed about love. It was just a feeling I couldn't get over. I think it marks a real departure in my work, this sees the first use of a girl robot and these are very cartoon-ised (is that a word? Probably not) The paint on it is thick to say the least, I was worried that the background was too dark but without it it'd be far too bright and happy a painting, and love isn't always about running through fields of flowers and going to the fair. This is a much better version of the very first robot painting I attempted and it is one of the ones I'm most proud of, I was unsure as to whether it was too personal, but you have to harness whats going on in your life and use that, painting isn't maths, although its accounting for some.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one. It's both sweet and something else... I dunno, something a bit darker.
    You're very good at matching the title with the painting, as well; this one is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna do a really gay cheesey field of flowes etc bsckground but i thought this was more realistic, so there are some dark and light patches :) thanks for the comment, really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete