Search This Blog

Sunday 21 June 2009

Majestic Robot Stands Tall When The Wind Howls


This was the first robot picture I painted. I had been painting a different robot picture at the time, but I hadn't really planned out the idea and it wasn't turning out at all how I saw it in my minds eye (however I used this idea to much better effect in a later painting). I'm not obsessed with robots (entirely) I just thought it would be easier to paint if I always knew what I would be painting. I think I simply had a lot of excess paint that i'd squeezed out of the tube and onto where I was mixing and so slapped it down roughly on the a smaller canvas. I got a bit engrossed and did the whole thing in half an hour to an hour (I work at speed, especially on smaller canvasses). I really like trying to blend the colours, its a major part of my work, although its basic in this peice, to say the least. All my pictures have captions on the side to explain the scene a bit and to try and give a metaphor, but I decide all this stuff after when I look at the finished article, I find its best just to use the spark and then decide how the finished product makes me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment