Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Solitary Robot Searches In The Darkness

This painting came about as a direct antitheis to "Majestic Robot", you will note that the colours are in opposite positions (mostly). I had a revelation that the subject would not be painted, rather the gaps left unpainted would represent it (although I'm hardly gonna claim I'm the first person to ever do that). Its a dark painting, no doubt, and the colours are blended very sparadically, which I like. Its subject matter is the oppposite of "Majestic Robot" which is about perservering, this is about uncertainty and doubt. The robot is not even sure what he's searching for, but search it must. I don't know if I would ever sell these two paintings, they act as major reference drawings for all my work, and this particular painting, despite being my second attempt, is one of the peices I would be most proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment