Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Art Shows That I Don't Go To

Over a year and a half ago now (yikes, time flies) I got asked to do two small pictures for a charity show. I have absolutely no idea what happened to these, I called in and asked a few times but nothing ever came of it, so if you ever see them, let me know.
The first one is kind of an old theme but I had a plan to play it safe with one robot, then go mad with the other. If I remember rightly I did this one in a night, and was pretty damn chuffed with it. (Sorry for the bad pics but I had to take them off a site for the gallery, you'll prob have to zoom but I don't wanna ruin already terrible picture quality, mine's third down in the fourth column.)
For my second painting I was at a loss of what to do for a long while, and I think I did this painting the night before I had to have it done. I just kept thinking, " I wanna do something really different, I just wanna tear it up!" So in the end I thought, that's exactly what I'll do. I didn't literally tear the canvas, didn't have time to work out the logistics of all that, so I just painted it as if the robot was, and gave it some silver and the codes motif I was mainly using at the time.
Obviously mine's the one in the middle here, second column, third row down. There was some nice stuff in this show, went in and took a look once, but I didn't go and do small talk and scmoozing at the opening, not my thing in any way, I'm here for the robots love.

No comments:

Post a Comment